My passion is helping mothers achieve their nursing goals. The services I offer include private consultations for mothers with breastfeeding difficulties, breast pump rentals, sales, and pump related services, and sales of other products that support nursing. In order to be available to the most mothers, I provide all services from my office in Collinsville, IL. Appointments are usually available within 24 hours of your call, and often on the same day.
To read my articles about the bottle-feeding method I recommend or about breastfeeding and CranioSacral therapy, please click here.
During a consultation, I will carefully examine the mother’s breasts. I will observe while your baby feeds at the breast. I will weigh your baby to see how much milk he gets from each breast. If your baby doesn’t come to breast, I will observe a bottle-feeding or whatever technique is used to feed the baby. At the breast, I observe positioning and latch-on. If anything could be done better, I teach the mother how to better help baby. Once latched, I watch your baby’s cheeks, lips, and jaw, and listen to the kinds of sounds she makes. I will try to get your baby to suck on my gloved finger, to determine how his tongue moves. I will also lay the baby on a flat surface and observe for any restrictions in her ability to move that may be impacting her feeding ability. The consultation is all about gathering clues and putting those clues together to figure out what is causing difficulties with the breastfeeding. Then I will offer suggestions for how the difficulties can be resolved. If appropriate, I will fit the mother for proper pump flange size so her pump will work optimally for her.
- Rental of multi-user (hospital-grade) breast pumps: Ameda and Medela brands
- Checking mother’s breast pump for proper functioning
- Fitting mothers for, and sales of, proper pump flange sizes
- Sales of collection kits for rental pumps
- Additional pump flange sizes: Ameda, Medela and Pumpin’ Pal brands
- Spare parts for Medela and Ameda pumps
Items may be added or discontinued without notice.
- »Digital electronic baby scales suitable for weighed feeds (rental only)
- »Nipple shields, assorted sizes
- »Salve and hydrogel pads for sore nipples: Medela and Ameda brands
- »Simple Wishes hands-free pumping bras
- »Boston Billow breastfeeding pillows
- »Upspring Wellmom breast support pillows
- »Supplemental Nursing System (Starter and Regular)
- »Hazelbaker FingerFeeders
- »SpecialNeeds feeders
- »Baby carriers: SlingEzee and Hava
Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express